Skip to main content

Make Me Read It Read-a-Thon!

So on Goodreads, I have seen all of these people asking what they should read for "Make Me Read It." Naturally, I was intrigued, but wasn't finding any info on it on Goodreads. Thank god for Google! It led me to The Innocent Smiley, a blog run by Val, who partners with Ely (Tea & Titles) who started the read-a-thon last year and decided to do it again this year.



How It Works

Look at the books you own, either physical, e-book, or ones you've borrowed from the library and pick out a few you really want to read, or feel like you should read. It's up to you how many you pick.

Make a list of these books and then have friends, family, and other bibliophiles pick which ones you HAVE to read. Use the tag #MakeMeRead on social media!

The books with the most votes is read first, the book with the second most votes is read next, etc. If there is a tie between books, it's your personal preference of which you read first.

When Does it Take Place?

The Read-a-Thon takes place from July 9th to July 16th.

So without further ado, here are the books! Please vote, even if you haven't read any of them, pick the one that sounds the coolest. And feel free to join along!

What should I read for the #MakeMeRead Read-a-Thon?

The Star-Touched Queen
Matched
Red Queen
This is Where it Ends
A Tale of Two Besties
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea
Good Omen
survey tools

Comments

  1. Happy Readathoning! If you want, feel free to vote on mine! http://bookedupandbossy.blogspot.com/2016/06/MakeMeRead-Master-Post.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Princess Saves Herself in This One by Amanda Lovelace

Oh my goodness! I am not one who reads a lot of poetry; yes, I have a few favorite poems, but it's not what I usually spend my time reading. I don't remember where I heard about this book. It might have been an article or a friend read it, but it somehow made it's way onto my To Be Read list, and when I was looking through it the other day, I saw it and decided I would buy it, but didn't have any intention to read it right away because right now, my currently reading stack is getting a bit ridiculous. But last night, I didn't feel like reading any of my current books, so I picked it up and I was in love.


Why This Book is Amazing

Because this book is poetry, I can't use my usual format with other reviews. But with this book, I'm okay with that because it fits the theme of the book.
The Princess Saves Herself in This One is told in 4 parts: the princess, the damsel, the queen, and you. Each part represents a piece of Amanda Lovelace's life and the things th…

You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero

I was really excited for this book. I have the day-by-day calendar and I love it. It's posts are quick and witty and there's a bonus on the back of every day that tells you something interesting, or is a little puzzle, or something to get you thinking. It's great. The book version was...a let down, for a few reasons.


How Not To
So yeah, I get how repetition is good in a self help book, but this was a bit too much. If I never hear any of these phrases again, it'll be too soon: subconscious mind, conscious mind, love yourself, change your thinking, become aware. Almost every chapter contains a list of what you're supposed to do to realize that you are a badass, and every list contains all of those in some form or another. By about chapter 6, I got it.There are a lot of "I" statements, and not the kind that instruct you to change how you structure your thoughts (those are there, too, just not as much). You Are a Badass is an autobiography of Jen Sincero's

The Leaving by Tara Altebrando

I discovered The Leaving in an article about the best young adult books being released in June and after reading the synopsis, I went to Amazon and purchased it. When it arrived, I started reading it right away, even though I currently have 3 other books I'm reading; I needed to read this ASAP. I finished it in a day, and it's been a long time since I've done that with a book. This book is definitely on my must read list! I will be recommending this to everyone!



Five Sentence Summary
On the first day of kindergarten, 6 children go missing: Max, Scarlett, Lucas, Kristen, Sarah, and Adam. Now, 11 years later, they show up again, only Max isn't with them, and they have no memory of the last 11 years or who Max is. The novel switches between Scarlett, Lucas, and Avery, Max's younger sister, as they try to discover who they are, who took them, and where Max is. The majority of the novel takes place in the first 9 days (Day Zero to Day Eight) of the children returning fro…