Skip to main content

Always

Sadly, on January 14, 2016 we lost one of our beloved actors, Alan Rickman. Rickman is known for roles such as Professor Snape in Harry Potter, Sheriff George of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Theives, and Hans Gruber in Die Hard, along with so many others.

Professor Snape

Sheriff George of Nottingham

Hans Gruber
People from all generations felt this loss and many people showed their love for him in many ways. Lilies were left at the Harry Potter Universal Studios, wands were raised, and the internet was flooded with quotes from his many characters. One thing that I loved was that Fandom of the Month was doing a tribute box for him. You didn't have to be a part of the usual monthly subscription, anyone could order it, and a portion of the proceeds went to St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. I knew that I had to get this.

They warned me (and everyone who purchased one) that it would be a while before we received our boxes in the mail, but I was okay with it. This week, I finally received my box in the mail! I was so excited for it. I had waited almost 2 months for it! It was so worth the wait.

Contents of the Box

Window Sticker
I think the window sticker for my car is the most favorite thing. Although I frequently wear shirts that show my love for Harry Potter, or quote the books and movies, now, everywhere I drive, people will know that I am a Die Hard Potterhead (see what I did there). I am so glad that I got this box.

Alan Rickman February 21, 1946-January 14, 2016
Alan Rickman, you have brought these wonderful characters to life. You will always be loved by so many people, and you will be greatly missed.


After all this time? Always.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero

I was really excited for this book. I have the day-by-day calendar and I love it. It's posts are quick and witty and there's a bonus on the back of every day that tells you something interesting, or is a little puzzle, or something to get you thinking. It's great. The book version was...a let down, for a few reasons.


How Not To
So yeah, I get how repetition is good in a self help book, but this was a bit too much. If I never hear any of these phrases again, it'll be too soon: subconscious mind, conscious mind, love yourself, change your thinking, become aware. Almost every chapter contains a list of what you're supposed to do to realize that you are a badass, and every list contains all of those in some form or another. By about chapter 6, I got it.There are a lot of "I" statements, and not the kind that instruct you to change how you structure your thoughts (those are there, too, just not as much). You Are a Badass is an autobiography of Jen Sincero's

Black Obsidian by Victoria Quinn

When I first started this review, I wasn't really sure what I was going to write, but then as I started thinking about it, I really did not like the book. This is why:

It's your typical toned down erotica novel; it's a carbon copy of Fifty Shades, just with different names. I feel like it started out strong, but once Calloway starts falling for this girl who "won't understand his lifestyle," it went downhill fast.I am so sick of rich men using their means to track down this one girl. It's creepy. If some man did that to me, I'd be filing a restraining order, not crawling into bed with him.I am also sick of the man trying to control every aspect of the woman's life before they have signed a contract. Calloway, you are Rome's boyfriend, not her Dom; you can't buy her a house because her apartment was broken into. Again, restraining order, not bed. And even when there's a contract between a Dom and a sub, there are soft and hard limits, a…

Wrecked by Maria Padian

Wow! Just wow! That is how I felt when I finished Wrecked. I felt wrecked. There was so much truth and accuracy in this book on rape culture; Maria Padian really hit the nail on the head. It was almost sickening reading about it and knowing that it is that correct. This book really needs to be on a high school reading list. I know it won't because of the subject matter, but that's a different story. This book is really incredible and I believe anyone about to go into college, anyone in college, anyone who just got out of college, anyone who parties hard a lot, or anyone who is a friend or family member of anyone who fits the aforementioned groups should read this book.


Plot
The book is told in alternating perspectives of Haley and Richard as they work through a campus investigation of two other students: Jenny and Jordan. Haley and Jenny are roommates; Richard and Jordan live in the same housing unit; Haley and Richard are just starting a relationship. Everything becomes compli…